International Student Leadership Conference
Each year hundreds of students from all over the world come together to take part in the International Student Leadership Conference (ISLC), where they learn not only about Operation Smile and the role they can play in the organisation but also how to meet challenges and take confident steps towards leadership in their own communities.
This week-long is held in a different city each year, attracts participants from more than 30 different countries and is open to students aged 15 and above. Attendees hear inspiring speakers share their insights on the topics of leadership, overcoming obstacles and what it takes to make a difference; they also meet like-minded young people committed to making a difference in the lives of children with cleft lip and cleft palate. Through these experiences, Operation Smile empowers students to reach goals in their own lives, achieve their dreams, and change lives.
Why should I go to the ISLC?
- Learn more about Operation Smile and the role you can play.
- Meet like-minded young people, volunteers and Operation Smile staff, from all over the world.
- Develop personal skills including leadership and teamwork.
- Hear from exciting speakers from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Have fun and experience a new city.
- Be empowered to take positive steps in your own life.
The ISLC takes place every July, with registrations opening in October. The registration fee is $800 and this includes lodging, meals and costs associated with activities during the conference but does not include your airfare.
Find out more about the ISLC!
Will Crane | Student Programmes and Fundraising Officer
+44 (0)20 3475 5126| firstname.lastname@example.org